COVID-19 Operating Policies and Procedures
Following the Lifting of Lockdown
Our commitment to all our staff and clients is to provide a safe environment that complies with Government guidelines, enabling us to deliver the very best treatments and care.
We have been very busy during lockdown repainting and improving the environment for you all to come back to.
- All surfaces throughout the salon have been repainted or cleaned.
- All surfaces will continue to be cleaned regularly with appropriate disinfectant/cleaner.
- All treatment surfaces and all equipment used during treatments will be thoroughly cleaned between each client.
- Tools used will be sanitised and then sterilised in an autoclave steriliser before and after use.
- We will use disposable/single use tools, where at all possible, including files, foot files, buffers etc.
- All wax pots have been replaced with new. During waxing treatments, disposable spatulas will be used and disposed of between each application of wax, i.e. no double-dipping.
- The use of disposable towels will be used where possible. Where this is not possible, couch covers and towels will be replaced after each use, then washed at 60 degrees.
- Phones, tills and card machines will be disinfected after each use, and hands will be sanitised.
- We will keep the salon doors and windows open wherever possible to allow air to circulate.
- Unfortunately, hard to clean materials such as blankets, cushions, magazines, etc., will be removed.
- We have all completed professional training on salon hygiene practices, enabling us to offer as safe an environment as possible for all. Our Certificates will be displayed in the salon.
- Frequent handwashing will take place before, during (when required) and after each treatment.
- Treatments may have to be adapted should new guidelines appear.
- If any member of our team shows any signs of infection, they will immediately self-isolate. If this happens, we will contact you as soon as possible to reschedule appointments, but please be understanding as this may happen with very short notice.
- We will all have our hair tied back to avoid unnecessary touching.
- We will be wearing appropriate PPE equipment, which will be replaced after each client, including gloves, masks, visors and aprons.
- Uniforms will be washed at 60 degrees after each working day.
…and now your bit…
- Please do not arrive for your appointment if you, or anyone in your household, are showing any symptoms of Covid-19.
- Clients who will arrive on bikes (good effort) are kindly asked to park them in the bike racks opposite the salon to avoid congestion, as well as any unnecessary damage to the salon, especially after working our little socks off to make it all look perfect!
- We will ask you to wash your hands or use hand sanitiser on entering the salon.
- We will ask you to wear appropriate PPE, which we can supply, or if you prefer you can wear your own.
- We will be operating an ‘appointment only’ system, therefore no walk-in appointments will be available.
- Our front door will remain closed to avoid any breach of social distancing and we will operate a ‘one in, one out’ system. Unfortunately, there will be no waiting room availability, so please only arrive a few minutes before your scheduled appointment time.
- A new ring doorbell/communication system has been installed so that you can alert us to, and we can acknowledge, your arrival.
- If you arrive late for your appointment, we may have to reschedule so as not to create timing issues.
- Treatment times will be strictly adhered to, so please make sure you have booked in ALL the treatments you require on the day. We must allow 10 to 15 minutes between each client in order to sterilise equipment and prepare for the next treatment.
- We will only be providing water refreshments in single use cups.
- Where at all possible, please only bring with you essential personal items required for your treatment.
- We will be updating all client information to ensure we have correct details to allow for contact tracing, if required.
- Disinfectant wipes will be available in the toilet and we would appreciate you wiping surfaces down after using the facilities.
- Finally, with the increased use of PPE equipment and reduced productivity due to maintaining a safe environment, we will be placing a PPE donation box in reception to help bridge the gap. There is no obligation to donate, as we appreciate everyone is suffering financially from this unprecedented situation, but any donation would be most gratefully received.
We apologise for the exhausting list of rules, but hopefully it will help to keep our doors open, and most importantly, keep us all fit and well.
Should you have any concerns regarding the above, please do not hesitate to drop us an email and we will do our very best to alleviate your worries.
We will be implementing a ‘click and collect’ system from 15th June, and therefore a copy of all the self-help products still available will follow.
Many thanks for your continuing support. We cannot wait to get back to some form of normality and catch up on all your news.